BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

BRACING WHILE EMBRACING...

So my husband and I celebrated 13 years of marriage about two months ago.  We planned to celebrate a week later.  Unfortunately to our dismay, we did not know that we would be attending the funeral of a dear and close friend who was a big brother to us and so many.  One of my closest friends whom I consider to be a dear sister,  lost her husband on February 8, 2011.  He went home to glory unexpectedly, due to a tragic car accident.  I could not even feel the floor beneath me when I heard the news.  It was extremely devastating and is still an extreme process of grievance.  This guy, our brother in Christ made us laugh, exemplified TRUE LOVE to his wife and family, and was just an amazing person.  Please keep his lovely wife and family in your prayers (The Vann Family.)
     So while we celebrated our anniversary, we had to brace ourselves while we embraced.  Holding each other while remembering that tomorrow is not promised to us.  Bracing ourselves to be careful what we say and how we say it, because having no regrets, like this couple had is a beautiful thing. 
   Of course, knowing the type of person he was, he would want us to be happy.  He will never be forgotten. 
These are a few pics from our dinner cruise and our weekend together.  May God bless you all.  Remember while you are bracing yourself for life's unexpected occurances, always embrace the ones you love, because tomorrow is not promised to no one.
Stay strong and lock on. 





Wow my hubby has lost 27 lbs. since this pic was taken.  He has been helping me too.  Will post about that progress later, maybe summertime.  Still have to love yourself wherever you are, enough to take care of yourself.

This pic did not come out so well because of flashback, but at the same time you can see how my edges are coming along.  My edges and a few sisterlocks I had to cut are finally growing in.  I will fill you in on that later...


Look at our Baby, isn't she growing?  16 months and very sleepy and full. :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, very Nice pictures!
Take Care~

(NEW Blog)
Http://Queenlocks.wordpress.com

Lady Butterfly said...

THANK YOU QUEEN. WE HAD LOTS OF FUN MAKING THEM TOO!