BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hair is just a PART of me. Don't forget about the total package

                      Just like the cute little Sesame Street song says, "hair is just a PART of me!"  There is so much more to each of us than our hair.  I must say that going natural and embracing yourself makes you more intune with self inside and out.  You become more aware of what you put in your body, naturally and spiritually while caring for your hair, which is your glory. The focus is not to continue old behavior that will cause damage to your development and growth. If you notice, it seems like most natural hair wearers drink smoothies, exercise and try their best to maintain a state of balance and serenity.   Going natural gives you a whole new set of goals geared towards healthy living, proper nutrition and spiritual development. 
           I actually started not to choose this background for the fall season shown with gravel and leaves because it just seemed... a little, I don't know dirty!  But then I thought about the power that lies in the dirt.  Soil contains so much life.  If it is properly nourished and implanted with a healthy seed it can bring forth an abundant oak tree over a 100 ft tall.  Sometimes we can allow our spiritual soil to be covered with life's distractions, just like those leaves.  Sometimes we hold on to past accomplishes and growths that have already grown and now have lost it's leaves.  So then our spiritual soil and ground for "spiritual development"  is now covered with leaves.  We need to somehow get back to that place of fertile ground so that we can grow.  Yes God wants us to be prosperous.  But His Word says in 3rd John 1:2 to prosper and be in good health EVEN as your soul prospers.   So there has to be a balance in our growth and development. 
            I just wanted to encourage you to not neglect your inner man.  Make it a daily goal to seek the Lord with all of your heart for a spiritual cleansing, renewel, growth and well-being.  Start out by having a daily prayer life to the Lord.  Make a daily goal to encourage someone and let them know that you care.  Try to refrain from complaining or having any negative outlooks.  Our goal should encompass a desire to have the total package.  The total package has to include being the most beautiful YOU that you can possibly be from the inside and then on the outside.  Beauty lies in how we treat others, expressions of true genuine love, and caring for our bodies, minds and our souls.  Hair is just a PART of me.  Let's remember the total package.

4 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

This was a lovely lesson. Thank you.

Lady Butterfly said...

I am so glad to know that someone's heart was touched by this message! You're welcome.

Sogolocs said...

I am currently fasting and praying about direction for my health. God is opening a new door in the area of health for me. This lesson just brings solidity to what I need to do. Blessings to you for writing something so true and compelling.

Lady Butterfly said...

Wow Sogolocs! I am honored to know that God brought confirmation to you, through these words He has given to me. God is so Awesome! His sovereignty amazes me. Again I am honored that these words touched your heart. I bid you God's speed on your endeavors as you embark upon your new journey to even better health. Stay encouraged! ~Butterfly~
LB