BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

So who has INSPIRED you to lock?

Inspiring photo from Martine Bernard!
I am happy to announce that  my little butterfly, (my daughter) and I have inspired my sister-in-law to get sisterlocks.  I am so excited for her!!!  She has been telling me for a while, but I didn't realize she was serious until last night.  Her sisterlock journey won't begin until sometime after the new year.  It is just such an honor to know that you were an inspiration to someone.  She has been studying sisterlocks for a while.  She was also EXTREMELY helpful with me taking down my first set of sisterlocks. We have a bond that goes way back.  I have known her and been in love with her big brother for 17 years now!  I can remember just about every hairstyle you can think of that she has worn for a maximum of only two weeks.  So this will be a huge, but yet a rewarding committment for her!  I have sent her to every website, blogsite, and youtube channel I could think of.
And in saying that there are so many people that have inspired me to get sisterlocks.  Of course everyone that I follow, thought to follow, and have even often visited their site has been a true inspiration.  Then there are the top three popular blogsites that I have visited since 2007.  These sites had a wealth of information that encouraged/supported my decision to get sisterlocks.  Those sites are:  Blaqkofi, Chosen Vessel, Video locktician, The Locked Blog Exchange(Maryee) and Taylor Made Locks.  (not to mention Taylor's locks are almost to her knees now-WOW~seriously)  HOW COULD I NOT MENTION V-LOCKS IN MOTION AKA BROWN BUTTAHFLY ~ Love ya girly!!!  All of these sites, among so many others (Monica's, Natacha's, Dewdrops) exemplified the beauty of loving your natural self.  All of these sitess displayed simply GAWJUS, gorgeous, gorgeous sisterlocks!!!  These are some of the veterans yall!!!  The ones who were locked when we were either still relaxed, still contemplating the idea, or thinking that we would NEVER HAVE THE GUTS TO DO THAT!  Please tell me who inspired you to lock?

4 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Mine is kinda different...I LOVED SL but we don't have them here in South Africa-but THEY (the SL sisters you mentioned) inspired me to want to lock.When I came Cheleski's DIY braidlock, I was then inspired to actually DO it.(I love traditional locks on others, but it's just not for me.And that's the only route people use here)

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Being an inspiration is awesome, if she goes through with it. I'm sure she will love it!

I would have to say my Hubby is the first person who inspired me to lock and then After I saw Sisterlocks, I would say everyone who had them, anyone who wore locks(All shapes, forms and fashion) and wore them proud inspired me!

Anonymous said...

I want to know if you start your sisterlock by two strand will they grow and look like sisterlock my aim was to do this because I started out with lock and my beautican said she could take them out but as you know she cut them off I was so made because if you say you can do something and I sit in your chair and think you are doing what you said you would but don't I have a problem with it now I stuck I need help in va.

Lady Butterfly said...

What a Shame!!! I am just now reading these posts!!! Wow talk about BUSY!!! TO: Anonymous, No you do not want to start your Sisterlocks out with two strand twists. Although I am sure people have tried. It's always best to stick to the rules. Besides, later on down the line when your locks have grown out, you would probably have a lot of bulkiness or fat ends from how you started them. I hope that I am not too late. It has been almost three years LOL OH MY!!! I apologize for responding so late. I hope this helps.