BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!
  It has been a blessed year.  So much has happened and so much has changed!  Thankfully it all has been for the better.  As for my Sisterlocks... I am still loving them!  I tried to post a slideshow of this past year but I have had some technical difficulties.  So instead I will post a few pics. 

So I started to really enjoy this chocolate brown color that I dyed my hair!  This was taken around late May 2012.


This was taken in June 2012.  I wore my hair in different upstyles.


You can finally see the color.  It was and still is super soft, healthy and a lot of fun!


Then I decided to highlight it!!!  Yeah I know I'm feeling a little bold!

This was about the middle of June!  Ok honestly, I loved the highlights!  Then...

Then a FEW weeks later, with help of the HOT summer sun the highlights got lighter and did NOT look as blended as before!!!  mmm...

So by August 21, 2012 this was what I had...!!! It HAD to G-O!!!   I am very uncomfortable with this bold color on me!!!

So after all that work, fun, and a definite learning experience... I DYED IT BLACK!!!    I drove straight to the store on Aug.21, not too long after you saw me getting into the driver's seat and ended my 3 month saga with color.  Like I forestated I did learn a lot about coloring my sisterlocks.  I also learned how to better care for it as well.  In this picture the hair is still a litle damp
 

I think I just feel more comfortable with black hair.  So who knows what I will do next... 

Happy New Year to all!!!  Continue to trust God with all of your hearts!!!  We are so grateful that our 11 year old daughter does not have any tumors in her brain.  The inflammation that was seen was from an infection that she had in her cerebrospinal fluid!!! She is completely healed Praise God!!!  We are grateful to the Lord that my husband's recent injury was not any worse.  We are so grateful for even unanswered prayers, because we believe that all things work together for the good, for those who love the Lord and for those who are called according to His purpose~ Romans 8:28.  We are so grateful as we embark upon this new year that we have fought the good fight, we have finished the race in 2012 and we kept the faith~ 2 Timothy 4:7.  Much love to you all!  We are so much more than just our hair.  Stay with God and lock on and on!

2 comments:

z said...

Happy New Year!! Your locs are lovely and you have some beautiful updo's.

Lady Butterfly said...

Thank you Dewdrop. Happy New Year to you too! When my hair gets longer I will try some of your up-do's as well. I have to wear it up with my nursing uniform. I need to look back at your older posts and try the styles you did when your length was short to medium. Thanks again !:)